TAG Heuer and Bamford Watch Department unveil a brand-new interpretation of its iconic Monaco, with its on-trend visual identity making it a contemporary classic. It is the first official in-house built collaboration watch, only available for purchase in TAG Heuer boutiques and online stores in available countries.
The brand new model unveiled at Baselworld by the Swiss watchmaker is the iconic Monaco with a solid carbon case, an elegant full black dial and aqua blue chronograph counters. Never before has such a bold design graced this flagship piece, seminal in the worlds of both watchmaking and motor racing. This interpretation is brand-new, exclusive and unique. The most iconic timepiece in the TAG Heuer collection has been completely reinvented, thanks to the collaboration with Bamford Watch Department
CEO of BWD, George Bamford needs no introduction. He pioneered the customisation of luxury watches by modernising and personalising timepieces which were already very exclusive, giving them a recognisable identity with his own ultra-modern, futuristic style.
This is not the first collaboration between TAG Heuer and Bamford Watch Department. Back in 2017, customers and fans of the Swiss brand were offered the opportunity to customise their favourite model. Following this success, TAG Heuer invited George Bamford to help designing this new series of the Monaco, which exclusively carries the Bamford name.
Now, George Bamford has left his mark on the legendary TAG Heuer Monaco. As one would expect, this new version still features the hallmarks of this model: the square 39-mm case and the crown positioned on the left. But now it also boasts a case made from incredibly lightweight and highly resistant carbon – the ideal material for watchmakers. Bamford’s signature style is evident in the chronograph counters highlighted with luminous marks on the indices and the date window, which are a magnificent aqua blue – Bamford Watch Department’s favourite shade of blue – a detail which gives the timepiece a resolutely modern look which is right on-trend. The dial and the case-back are engraved with “Monaco Bamford” as a reminder of the partners in this collaboration. The whole piece is set off perfectly with an exquisite black alligator leather strap.
Calibre 11 Automatic
- 39 mm carbon case
- Bevelled, domed sapphire crystal
- Polished black PVD steel crown at 09H with Aqua Blue Heuer logo
- Black PVD steel push buttons at 02H and 04H
- Black PVD steel screwed sapphire case back with special engraving “Monaco Bamford”, limited numbered
- Black opalin
- Black flange with 60 seconds scale
- Permanent second indicator at 03H in lacquered luminescent Aqua Blue
- Minute chronograph at 09H in lacquered luminescent Aqua Blue
- Black gold plated facetted polished applied indexes with blue Super Luminova®
- Aqua Blue and Black gold plated facetted polished hands with blue Super Luminova®
- Aqua Blue lacquered central hand
- Aqua Blue Heuer printed logo
- Aqua Blue 06H angled date
- MONACO AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH BAMFORD printed
Water-resistance 100 metres
Black alligator leather and rubber